House Extension Quote
- January 4, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: General Construction
Just for interest, this is the level of information we like with a new quote request:
I’ve just completed on a house purchase, and I would like to build a rear extension to the house. Would you be able to provide a quote, please?
Details of the extension work:
-Fully insulated single storey rear extension
(Width = 5.50m; Length = 5.8m; Height = 3.2m; approved by Local Council already)
-Demolition of an existing single story outbuilding (3.3m x 3.2m, single skin of brick, corrugated roof, outdoor W.C.)
-Flat roof, or a very low pitch roof
-Two 3-piece shower rooms
-3 uPVC windows + 1 uPVC external door + 2 internal doors + about 8m length of internal wall (block work)+ 4 pairs of electrical wall sockets
– A sink to be installed with 2 courses of tile, location shown in the plans as attached
-Lighting – standard
-Re-alignment of manhole at the rear of property
– Replace the existing metal soil pipe with uPVC.
-Standard finish, with carpet or laminate flooring
-Building control fees and engineers fees not yet paid.
-There is an existing sewage/drainage in rear garden for the existing outdoor W.C, and I also have a Private Water & Drainage report that my solicitor obtained as part of the house purchase, which you can take a look during the site visit.
– New kitchen to be fitted (original larder unit to be removed to make more room for the kitchen worktop) – standard modern finish.
– Two holes to be filled on the side of house, 1st floor up.
– A stud wall (with sound insulation) between the lounge and dining room
– A sink to be installed in the bedroom next to the bathroom with 2 courses of tile
-Access to rear for materials? yes, via the side of the house directly into the garden, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
-Wall and floor tilling? Yes, wall and floor tiling for the two shower rooms, floor tiling for the kitchen.
-Decoration to be included? Standard finish, e.g. plastering and painting.
I have attached plans and drawings for your reference – please let me know if you need further details for the quote. Site visit is possible for next week.